WELCOME TO OUR KID’S MINISTRY
At LNBC, we want to help parents raise kids with a strong and healthy foundation of faith and trust in Jesus. We also want to make it really easy to bring your children to church to help you grow together as a family.
Here’s how we do it:
We create safe environments parents can trust. All of our volunteers have gone through a thorough screening process with a background check and an interview, as well as initial and ongoing trainings throughout their time serving. Our LNBC Kids Serve Team is passionate about taking great care of your kids while you attend a group or worship gathering.
Our Kids Checkin system identifies allergy information and emergency contact for each child, allowing us to alert you immediately should your child need you. The corresponding parent check out receipt makes pick up safe and secure every time!
We create experiences that children will love, with age-appropriate games, songs, and activities designed just for them. Kids learn best when they’re having a blast, and we work hard to make sure every minute in LNBC Kids is packed with kid-geared fun.
ENGAGING BIBLICAL TEACHING
Every week in LNBC Kids we craft teaching, worship, and even play time around helping kids feel known and cherished through the love of Jesus. Through interactive and responsive Bible lessons led by trained and engaging leaders, we believe LNBC Kids will grow healthier spiritually and emotionally, connect deeper to God and relationally with others, and discover their purpose in life through following Jesus.
Join us for our 9am and 10:30am services which both offer different programming for Kids Groups. Our 10:30 service also offers Kids Worship.
Awana meets from 5 to 6:30pm during the school year.
Our summer camp happens in June to kick off our summer events! In July we offer Vacation Bible School.
LNBC KIDS FAQ’s
Kids’ Groups are separated into appropriate age & stage-based environments.
- Infants (Newborns, Crawlers, Cruisers)
- Toddlers (12 – 36 months)
- Early Childhood
- Preschool (3 & 4-year-olds)
- TK & Kindergarten
- Early Elementary
- 1st-2nd Grade
- 3rd-5th Grade
Sunday mornings, Children’s Ministry check-in opens fifteen minutes before the beginning of each adult worship service. Be sure and arrive early to give your family plenty of time to get in and get settled before service starts.
At check-in, our Connections Team volunteers will help your family find classrooms and check in for the first time using our electronic check-in system. The system will print a name for your child and a corresponding pick-up tag for you to present at the end of service to pick up your child.
When you pick up your child, we will match your tags to make sure you are authorized for pick up. In the event you lose your parent tag, you will need to present a photo ID to allow us to verify your identity for check out.
For infants through two-year-olds, our focus will be loving and caring for each child. Our leaders will play with them, rock them, sing songs with them, pray for them and meet whatever needs come up during the service. It’s our goal to make sure our nursery children feel loved and safe and have a great first impression of church.
All children three years old and up will get to participate in a full morning of fun and engaging programming. Though our content will look a little different in each age group, Early Childhood and Elementary Kids Groups will follow the same basic schedule:
– Connect Time: As kids arrive in Children’s Ministry, they will have a chance to play and connect with other children and their leaders. This is great chance for our volunteers to help your kids feel welcome and to catch up on their week.
– Lesson Time: During Lesson Time, children will participate in a creative Bible teaching designed just for their age group. Kids will play games, get crafty, and participate in other learning activities to help them think about how they can apply the Bible truth they just learned.
– Worship Time: In Worship Time, kids participate in super fun kid-style worship. Our early childhood kids participate in a time of worship in their smaller groups to help them feel more comfortable and less overwhelmed. Elementary kids participate in a creative and fun, but more high-energy worship gathering designed to help every kid connect deeply, find real friends, feel included in a group, and become emotionally prepared to hear the gospel message.
Awana is a team-driven approach to child discipleship, reaching and equipping kids through Bible skills, memorization, and small group discussions. Our proven and adaptable curriculum is designed for discipling kids to walk with Christ for life.
Did we mention AWANA is FUN?!
Kids love game time, council time, and small group time every week as they build strong relationships with others and grow together in faith!
Registration is open for the entire school year, so your child can join a team anytime!
Awana Clubs meets on Sunday evenings at 5:30pm from September through May.